Thursday, August 04, 2005

One Year Recap




At this time last year I had a dress, I had shoes, I had a veil and I was three days away from marrying Danny. Three days away from the most important day of my life. Three days away from the day that would forever change the friendship between my self and someone very close to me. Three days until, after a year, all of the fighting, tears, and hurt feelings would finally come to an end.

Although I complain about it a whole lot, my wedding (the actual vow saying, marrying part) was awesome. Although we used the vows from our JP, Patty, the words reflected what I felt about marriage and the promises you make. I haven’t been known to be the most religion of people so our ceremony was in our own way pretty symbolic and pretty spiritual.
My opinion of my marriage is this: if I can get through this there is no way I will give up down the road. I still love him more today than I think I ever did (and no it’s not just because I haven’t seen the guy in 17 days!!!) We’ve endured money problems, infertility (and still dealing with that), learning how to be in a long distance relationship, moving to the middle of nowhere, career changes, living with our in-laws, illness, the fact that he’s completely accident prone, the fact that I am always sick…and we are still going, and going strong.
Dan has always kept me grounded. When I am freaking about something stupid (in my usual Mindy way) he reminds me to calm down. When I think things are at their worst, he reminds me of what I do have. He reassures me when I think that we will never get pregnant. He makes me feel like I am the only wife and woman a man has ever loved, and he does this every day.

I keep hearing this Rascal Flats Song on the radio. I’m sure you have heard it. Until they actually play the death out of that song on the radio, I’m going to love it……I’m going to love it because it is the exact story of Dan and I. I have never regretted anything I have done in the past. I know that everything that happened was a part of a bigger plan to bring Dan and I together, and this song is just about that. (see below)

Happy 1 Year Anniversary Baby……
You are still a bit of alright, even after all this time.

Xo

Mindy


Bless The Broken Road - Rascall Flatts

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

No comments: