Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Let it snow, let it mothertrucking snow



Holy crap. It's November 16th and I've had my first "snow day" of the year. I have a long way to go, this is not looking good.
Yesterday, (with Dan away) I woke up early, packed my shovel and my snowpants, put on my boots and headed out into the bloody artic. I had a slight bit of difficulty pulling out of the driveway, sloshing and skidding, but pulled out of it and then just about ended up in the ditch. Again, I recover. I meander down our road, going slow, fishtailing all down the road. Highway 501 was worse. Ruts 2 ft deep, and sheer ice beneath. I made it to the second driveway and decided a days pay was not worth my life. I turn around with my heart racing, palms sweaty heading home and return to my yard sliding sideways down my driveway almost hitting the garage.
I get out, cursing the snow, the wind and everything in between, and walk into my house exasperated and pour myself a drink. It's going to be a long winter.

No comments: